May 30, 2012 – San Diego, Calif. – FLEXR Sports, makers of the only eco-friendly sports bottle with a disposable and fully biodegradable liner, today announced the FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit sets a new standard for hydration among cyclists and triathletes.
Mark Goldstein, an avid cyclist and triathlete stated,” Recycling is very important to my family. We recycle everything that we can to be great stewards of the environment. I was sickened of the way regular plastic bottles became nasty and no longer something I wanted to drink out of. I have been using these bottles for cycling and running for nearly two years now. The new quick disconnect and rear two bottle remote kit are fantastic and completing long unsupported rides are much simpler with FLEXR Sports.”
The FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit has several unique components and key benefits for cyclists needing maximum hydration during their rides:
- - The patented bite valve enables the athlete to drink without removing the FLEXR Sports bottle from the cage mount; a flexible straw ensures maximum fluid flow.
- - FLEXR Sports offers the only BPA-free sports bottle with a multi-use disposable and fully biodegradable liner that eliminates harmful bacteria or unpleasant aftertaste and keeps the bottle as clean and fresh as on “day one” for years to come.
- - The Remote Bike Hydration Kit also allows set up for up to three bottles; one bottle can be filled with water and energy drinks and mixes can be stored in the other bottles.
- - FLEXR’s unique quick disconnect system allows triathletes and cyclists to quickly swap out bottles or switch from a front bottle on the down tube to the rear bottles without stopping.
- - Affordable: 21 oz. single kit retails for $34.95, two-bottle kits retail for only $69.95. The bottles can be used off the bike with the standard cap that is included for conventional bottle use.
Rachel Zambrano, a FLEXR Sports team rider who recently finished her 1st IRONMAN and placed 19th in her division using the FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit commented, “Nutrition is often the most complicated parts of racing. FLEXR Sports made it pretty simple for me. With two of the remote bike kits, I never have to come out of aero when I’m racing. I refilled my FLEXR bottles at the special needs stop, which took less than a minute, and was off again to finish Ironman Texas.”
The FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit is available in four options: a 21 oz bottle; a 28 oz bottle; a kit with two 21 oz bottles in the rear of the bike; and a full kit that includes three 21 oz bottles. The Rear Twin 21oz Remote Bike Hydration Kit retails for $69.95 and includes two 21 oz. FLEXR bottle with 6 liners, two new caps, poly tubing, “Y” connector with quick disconnect couplers at the bottles, and re-useable zip tie connectors for easy maintenance.
The TriEdge-Kestrel Women's Triathlon Team is proud to call FLEXR Sports a sponsor. "I LOVE the biodegradable liners. It's so nice to come home from a ride, throw away the liner and be ready for the next workout," one of the women commented. Another added, "I don't have to deal with the faint taste of last week's workout."
FLEXR Sports bottles and accessories can be purchased at www.flexrsports.com.
About FLEXR Sports Products
FLEXR Sports provides environmentally friendly, sports hydration products and accessories. Additionally, FLEXR Sports donates 5 percent of all sales to charities in the fields of health and environmentalism. For more information about FLEXR Sports, please visit www.flexrsports.com or visit us on Facebook or Twitter at @flexrsports.