May 30, 2012 – San Diego, Calif. – FLEXR Sports, makers of the only eco-friendly sports bottle with a disposable and fully biodegradable liner, today announced the FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit sets a new standard for hydration among cyclists and triathletes.
Mark Goldstein, an avid cyclist and triathlete stated,” Recycling is very important to my family. We recycle everything that we can to be great stewards of the environment. I was sickened of the way regular plastic bottles became nasty and no longer something I wanted to drink out of. I have been using these bottles for cycling and running for nearly two years now. The new quick disconnect and rear two bottle remote kit are fantastic and completing long unsupported rides are much simpler with FLEXR Sports.”
The FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit has several unique components and key benefits for cyclists needing maximum hydration during their rides:
- - The patented bite valve enables the athlete to drink without removing the FLEXR Sports bottle from the cage mount; a flexible straw ensures maximum fluid flow.
- - FLEXR Sports offers the only BPA-free sports bottle with a multi-use disposable and fully biodegradable liner that eliminates harmful bacteria or unpleasant aftertaste and keeps the bottle as clean and fresh as on “day one” for years to come.
- - The Remote Bike Hydration Kit also allows set up for up to three bottles; one bottle can be filled with water and energy drinks and mixes can be stored in the other bottles.
- - FLEXR’s unique quick disconnect system allows triathletes and cyclists to quickly swap out bottles or switch from a front bottle on the down tube to the rear bottles without stopping.
- - Affordable: 21 oz. single kit retails for $34.95, two-bottle kits retail for only $69.95. The bottles can be used off the bike with the standard cap that is included for conventional bottle use.
Rachel Zambrano, a FLEXR Sports team rider who recently finished her 1st IRONMAN and placed 19th in her division using the FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit commented, “Nutrition is often the most complicated parts of racing. FLEXR Sports made it pretty simple for me. With two of the remote bike kits, I never have to come out of aero when I’m racing. I refilled my FLEXR bottles at the special needs stop, which took less than a minute, and was off again to finish Ironman Texas.”
The FLEXR Sports Remote Bike Hydration Kit is available in four options: a 21 oz bottle; a 28 oz bottle; a kit with two 21 oz bottles in the rear of the bike; and a full kit that includes three 21 oz bottles. The Rear Twin 21oz Remote Bike Hydration Kit retails for $69.95 and includes two 21 oz. FLEXR bottle with 6 liners, two new caps, poly tubing, “Y” connector with quick disconnect couplers at the bottles, and re-useable zip tie connectors for easy maintenance.
The TriEdge-Kestrel Women's Triathlon Team is proud to call FLEXR Sports a sponsor. "I LOVE the biodegradable liners. It's so nice to come home from a ride, throw away the liner and be ready for the next workout," one of the women commented. Another added, "I don't have to deal with the faint taste of last week's workout."
FLEXR Sports bottles and accessories can be purchased at www.flexrsports.com.
About FLEXR Sports Products
FLEXR Sports provides environmentally friendly, sports hydration products and accessories. Additionally, FLEXR Sports donates 5 percent of all sales to charities in the fields of health and environmentalism. For more information about FLEXR Sports, please visit www.flexrsports.com or visit us on Facebook or Twitter at @flexrsports.
Despite the endless warnings about the dangers of bacteria in old water bottles, I seem to continue to use the same ones over and over. It's pure laziness that has kept me from washing them out with soap after each use. I like to assume that since I only had water in them, I'm perfectly fine using the same bottle until it begins to smell strange. The truth is my husband and I train every day, we end up constantly overloaded with cheap water bottles in the sink, cupboards and workout bags; it's a serious pain.
FLEXR Sports has solved this issue with their BPA-free sports bottle. It includes a disposable and fully biodegradable liner that keeps the bottle as clean as the day you bought it. As an added bonus, I can use my flavored drinks without dealing with the vague after taste in my water in the coming weeks. The liner shrinks as the liquid is used reducing the sloshing issue and you can drink without tipping the bottle. I especially loved this feature on the bike where my eyes need to stay on the road.
- Various styles and sizes ranging from 8oz. (FLEXR jr.) to 28 oz. and come with five liners
- Additional liners (25 ct.) can be purchased as well as other accessories
- Ergonomic shape and feel
- Air space between liner and bottle act as insulator to keep liquid cold longer
- Patented one way jet stream valve, for accurate and precise flow.
- Comes in large variety of colors
- Designed by athletes for athletes
- Fully biodegradable liner
- BPA free
- No bacteria or unpleasant aftertaste
The FLEXR bottle completely removed my need for additional bottles hanging around the house. I have a pack of liners that I keep in my gear bag and car and I'm completely in love with this bottle. The other day, I left my it in my spin class and didn't realize my mistake until they locked the door. Since I had Carbo Pro and Zip Fizz in the bottle, I would normally just call it a loss, unwilling to clean it out after it's been sitting for a few days. However, it bothered me enough to lose the bottle that I got someone to open the door for me a day later. I plan on hanging on to this bottle for a long time.
My experience with FLEXR was the main motivation in seeking them out as sponsors for our TriEdge-Kestrel Womens Team. I really wanted our women to experience these bottles and we're proud to call them one of the team's title sponsors.
For more information about FLEXR Sports products go to: www.flexrsports.com
CONTEST!! TriEdge is giving away three 16oz. bottles with the palm holder. Here's what you have to do... count the sports bottles in your own cupboards and post your number on the TriEdge facebook page. Contest begins Friday 4pm MST (3/09/12) and ends Sunday 3pm MST (3/11/12). Winners will be chosen at random and announced shortly after contest closes. Contest is open to all US residents and is void where prohibited.